There are many opportunities for planned giving with Kieve-Wavus.
Some gifts cost you nothing today; others provide you with income for life. All make a difference. Opportunities include:
- Cash (the simplest way to support)
- Appreciated Securities (see below)
- Bequest (designate a portion of your will or trust)
- Life Insurance (name K-W a beneficiary)
- IRA & 401(k) Distributions (name K-W as a full or partial beneficiary)
- Real Estate (donate property - Click to see our Gift Acceptance Policy
- Tangible Personal Property (give boats, equipment, or possibly antiques or collectibles)
Appreciated Stock Donations - If you have stock that was purchased years ago and has appreciated significantly in value, donating the stock to Kieve-Wavus is a great way to help us out and for you to avoid capital gains. Click here to download the stock transfer instructions
Charitable Gift Options might include:
Charitable Gift Annuity that pays you a fixed income for life.
Charitable Trusts - there are a number of options that could provide benefits to you, your family and K-W. See your financial advisor or touch base with our Development Dept.
The Paddle & Thistle Society, a lasting legacy at KieveWavus.
A well-planned charitable gift has many benefits:
You choose how your gift is to be used:
Your Benefits could include…
And finally…making a difference to secure Kieve-Wavus' future!
- Promoting educational excellence and the opportunity to make a real difference for kids.
- Supporting KieveWavus’ mission of making a difference.
- Giving in one of the most personal, enduring ways you can.
- Helping to ensure a bright future for students of one of our nation's oldest coeducational institutions of learning.
- A planned gift can also protect your assets, often increase your income, and significantly reduce your current and future tax burden.
- Donors are eligible for membership in K-W’s Paddle & Thistle Society.
- Give to the Annual Fund.
- Provide a scholarship at Kieve, Wavus or our Leadership School.
- Increased income for you and your family.
- Capital gains tax avoidance on gifts of long-term capital gains assets.
- Immediate income tax savings.
- Reduction of high federal estate taxes.
- The ability to defer income until needed.
- Diversification and professional management.